Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Is it a good idea to combine 2 workout plans?

Since around late April/early May I've been exercising regularly, after barely exercising at all for most of my twenties (I'm 29 now). I completed the couch to 5k, and started using Fitness Blender's youtube channel after that to create my own workouts five days a week. I've just started the FB Blend - Burn Fat, Build Muscle, Tone; 35 or 55 minutes a day, and I'm really enjoying it, but my fitness has improved a lot over the last few months and I feel like I could do more. For comparison, at the beginning of the year I would have got to a 'burpees' section of a video and skipped it, but now the idea of doing those doesn't make me feel like going to sleep for 10 years. Has anyone else combined 2 (or more) workout plans, and if so what changes have you noticed, whether positive or negative? Did you feel like doing more than one workout a day was too much? Would it be more likely to cause me injury as I've been regularly exercising for a relatively short period of time? Or has anyone done this and found that they were getting better results? Thanks in advance for any other perspectives!