Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Depression, Injury and Exercise

Hey guys! Just checking in to share that I finished my 3rd workout program in a row and started FBAbs Round 2. Super happy to begin, although I've had a few things get me down this week. I take a natural medicine for my depression, which usually helps a lot but this week my depression has gotten the better of me... It's been frustrating. And then a few days ago I injured something in my hip or glute while exercising. I think I may have stretched a muscle. It's the same leg that I injured really bad a few months ago. I could barely walk and woke up in severe pain every night, but it was my ankle mostly last time. I think it might be the same nerve/muscle causing me problems this time. That took about a month or so to heal, so I really hope this hip doesn't do the same thing. I did lower impact mods for the exercises today, so hopefully I didn't injure further. Anyway, despite the challenges I've faced this week, I still completed my program on time and started the next one, that's a good moment 😊 (I'll let the Emojis smile for me 😉) anyone else have trouble with depression, how does exercise help you, or what helps you to stay motivated?