Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Flex and Walking?

Hey all, I feel like I have lots of questions but never know where to start, and most of them I feel silly asking because honestly I could probably just make a decision and be fine. However I like what y'all have said in the past so here I am again :-)

I am a long time FB user, but a recent returner to daily use. I am in the middle of strong and loving it. I am also including an intense 5k daily. Looking ahead to September when I finish strong I am trying to sort out what would be best. I am working hard to loose 40lbs and I am a 42 yr-old homeschool mom with 8 students, Once school starts I plan to keep up the 5k walks in the afternoon - mostly for my mental sanity (as little of it as there is left!), not my weight loss, etc. I'd also like to keep up strength training because I have seen the benefits. That being said once school starts I can't spend much more than 30 minutes doing strength training. I'm looking at doing the flex program but I worry that I might need to add in legs & abs? I also wonder if I shouldn't just piece-meal my strength together instead of a specific program? Any thoughts? Thanks!