Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Strong Complete (3rd time) - A Review

As the title suggests I’ve finished Strong and it’s time for a little review. The first time I did this programme was back in July 2018. Although I can’t exactly remember why I decided to do it at that time I think it had to do with the fact that I’d just finished Burn Round 1 and since it was really hot (sounds familiar?) I thought I’d do a programme with slightly fewer HIIT routines. Here’s a link to my previous review in case you’re interested.

https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/7495/fb-strong-complete-short-review

This time I chose to do Strong again because I got new weights from my brother and after over 4 years of regular exercising with Fitness Blender I wanted to know if I could lift heavier weights than I did last time or indeed when I did Mass, another excellent strength training programme, in April and May. I was really glad to realise that I can. I did lift 2, 3 or sometimes 4 or 5 kilos more than I used to. It might not sound significant but it actually is. I remember well where I started and this was really good news.

I recommend this programme to everybody who likes strength training, as the majority of the scheduled routines fall into that category, and also to those of you who like revisiting previously completed programmes just to challenge yourselves over again. Consistency and regularity should go hand in hand if you want to feel and see results. I’m not merely talking about bigger muscles or lower body fat percentage because being able to lift weights, get through a lengthy HIIT session or do a few more push-ups are transferable skills. You’ll notice that things you previously considered heavy will suddenly feel lighter including your own body.

Don’t be afraid to lift heavier but always be careful not to ask too much of your bodies. If you are about to do this programme for the first time, remember your starting point, don’t get discouraged and keep coming back to this well-structured strength training programme aptly called Strong.