Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Knee Pain

I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience?

I'm a 28 year old female, have been working out regularly for 3 months now and working my way through multiple fitness blender programs.

I started at 173 pounds and am 5'2 and have since dropped to 158 pounds (yay!)!

I've noticed my endurance has increased, my flexibility, my overall health! I'm eating extremely clean and also went through one of the 4 week meal plan programs available to us.

So here's my question...

I've never had any leg injuries. I am able to keep up with post of the workouts but any time I do ANY jumping the following day my knees are KILLING me. So I've cut it back and done pretty much just low impact modifications. I'm feeling a bit discouraged though because I feel every part of me wants to keep on through the workouts and push myself to the hardest I can manage which would include the jumps. But then the next day my knees hurt so bad.

Does this go away? I feel it's not good knee pain... so I am wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this where it's becoming a hinderance to pushing themselves in their workout?

How do I keep pushing myself to the max while cutting out the jumps? I do get a good workout in but it doesn't feel nearly as intense as when I do the jumps.

I don't want to permanently injure my knees but I also want to progress forward to the best of my ability. I'm young and feel healthy so why the knee issues?

Any advice might be helpful!