Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Getting abs with FB Abs 2 - Week 9/9

Soooo, two months are over and it was quite an exciting ride! :) The last week was a bit anticlimactic. Originally I intended to test my one-set-max again, but the more I thought about it, the worse the idea appeared to me. Why should I go for my strongest possible lifts when I'm in a calorie deficit for 9 weeks and didn't do all that much strength training during this time? So I rather started the FB Plus Strength challenge to get back into a good lifting rhythm.

And hey, this challenge is really big fun! It already featured two workouts I didn't know yet and I enjoyed every single day up to this point! Also I started my usual routine of short core workouts again, although I skipped them on two rather busy days.

In terms of nutrition there's nothing new to talk about. I stayed with 2400 calories per day, which turned out to be very easy to sustain for me and carried me through the second half of my cutting phase in a very relaxed way. Just on Friday my wife and I visited my sister in law and her husband for a big barbecue, which went completely out of control. Without exaggerating, this was at least 5000 calories for me! Actually it was so much that I couldn't really enjoy it. I just felt super stuffed and had to sleep a couple of hours before I was able to rejoin the party. Anyways, apart from that we had a great day with the family.

My weekly average weight went up from 169.8 lbs to 170.1 lbs, which is mainly due to the statistic aftermath of the uber barbecue, too. Anyways, all in all this makes a weight loss of 8.3 lbs for the whole project, which I am absolutely fine with. I like the fact that I got this done in a very enjoyable and relaxed way and without any hard restrictions. I included six days on which I just ate and drank as much as I felt like (or even more) without setting a calorie limit for myself and still I got the results I was aiming for in a pretty controlled way, just by being consistent on the remaining 57 days.

I also took measurements with pretty nice results: -0.6" on my neck, +0.4" on my chest (!), -1.6" on my waist, -0.8" on my hips, -0.2/-0.8" on my legs, no change on my arms,

As the pictures below show, the answer to the question if you can get visible abs with the FB Abs 2 is definitely: Yes, you can! Of course the basis is always a good plan for your nutrition, but the program supports this plan in a very nice and efficient way. So if you're looking for an exercise routine to support a weight loss phase and at the same time strengthen your core muscles and increase your cardiovescular endurance, I'd recommend to give this one a try!

From now on I will take a couple weeks to get my calories back up to maintainance and get my strength back up. And afterwards I will really do the one-set-max test and check the real effect on my strength. :)

For a last time in this series, I wish all of you a nice Sunday, a good start into the next week and all the best for your own projects and programs! And big, big thanks to all of you who followed me on this little trip and supported me with great, positive attitute and motivating comments! The FB community is the best! :D

Edited