E
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Making your own routine

Hey guys,

I know this question has been asked a MILLION times but... I have a few additional things to ask.

So like many of you, I have been thinking of creating my own program but I have three major concerns:

1. I can't get myself to do lower body strength training, even with a program. And I'm afraid I won't incorporate it enough. How do you guys deal with types of training you don't like? And also, does anyone have an idea how much lower body strength I have to incorporate at minimum?

2. I have had depression on and off these past two years and whenever an episode hits... well I don't work out. At all. And I start starving myself and then bingeing and not getting out of bed and all that. So I'm afraid I will neglect making a schedule at times like that and it will be another obstacle for me not to work out. Any tips?

3. I'll be living in a uni dorm after a couple of months and I'm not really sure if I'll have access to much equipment and if jumping will be a problem. If anyone has any experience, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks everyone! Erin