Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

4 month progress

I started my journey with fitness blender at the beginning of April during the height of Covid-19 lockdown. I was at a point in my life where I was feeling very heavy and uncomfortable. My clothes were very tight and I was buying loose clothes to hide how much weight I put on in the past two years. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. The lockdown allowed me to take stock of my health and gave me the time to set myself some health related goals.

I come from a family where my grandparents have passed away from chronic illnesses such as diabetes, asthma, stroke. My dad has had 2 heart surgeries, my mum suffers kidney failure due to her diabetes, 3 of my siblings have type 2 diabetes and I myself have asthma. So for me being overweight carries a lot of risks specially as I am in my late 30s.

At the beginning of April I decided enough was enough and came back to fitness blender after not exercising for more than 2 years. I started with Fb Fit3o 2 week trial, then moved on to Low Impact Round 2 and Sweat. I have just completed week 3 of FB Fit Round 2 and Day 19 is 1,000 calorie workout. At the beginning of this journey, I never would have thought that I would be able to start 1,000 calorie workout but thanks to the support of FB family and Dani & Kelli's workout I have now completed my 2nd 1,000 calories workout in the months of June and July. It is nice to have a community that I can share my ups and downs with and I don't feel that I have to be a certain way and I can now look myself in the mirror and I am happy with the person looking at me. I feel much happier, stronger and can't wait to treat myself to some new clothes. Thank you FB family 😁