G
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Am I getting this right and next steps

Hi Everyone,

I am new to FB...have completed FBLIR1 and am currently in the last week of FBLIR2. I also walk for an hour about 3-4 days a week. I am trying to decide what program to do next. I want to keep it low impact. Considering repeating these or moving on to Strong or Bodyweight. Any thoughts?

A little background...I am 47 years old and this is the most consistent exercise I have done in many years, maybe ever. I have tacked on extra pounds gradually over the years and have always had difficulty shedding that 10-20 extra pounds without strict diet change.

My goals are to lose 20lbs and feel healthy and fit. I can see some small gradual changes such as clothes fitting a little differently and some toning in my arms, but I have only lost 2lbs in about 8 weeks. I am paying attention to diet (shooting for 1200 calories with macros at 30 protein, 30 fat, 40 carb) by spot checking with an app. 1200 calories seems very doable, but the macros aren't perfect.

Anyway, I want to continue this journey and feel confident I am doing it the right way. I want to be sure I am doing the right things to continue to see progress. I must admit losing only 2lbs is discouraging. So, do you think I am doing the right things to make progress?

Thanks for your input! 😊