Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Bodyweight Round 2 Complete (fourth time) - Review

As the title suggests this programme is an old friend of mine. I posted a review last year – FB Bodyweight Round 2 – A Review – in which told you about its structure, my impressions why I decided to do this programme. This time my impressions were a bit different.

What didn’t change is the fact that ’bodyweight’ doesn’t automatically mean it’s low impact or a lot easier than any other programmes. Obviously you can always modify the various exercises to make them low impact but low impact merely means the exercises are relatively joint-friendly and not plain sailing.

I didn’t realise last year how HIIT-heavy this programme is. Of course, it doesn’t include more HIIT routines than it should, it's merely how I felt about it, which just shows that your own perception, energy-level and stamina can easily influence your opinion on how difficult the programme really is.

This time I found the individual routines a bit more challenging than last year which in itself is funny because last year my elbow was injured. On the other hand, last year I didn’t do all the extra credit challenges because the main routine more than enough for me to feel accomplished.

Interestingly enough, this year I had the impression that the lower-body routines are a bit more demanding than the upper-body ones even though this programme is just as well-balanced as all the others.

To sum it up, if you need a break from lifting weights and you don’t mind doing HIIT, this is a well-structured programme for you. Don’t expect a miracle if you haven’t worked out before but you can give this programme a go even if you are a novice. Make sure you follow the instructions and concentrate on your form.

I miss my weights now besides I got some new ones so I’m starting Strong next week. If you decide to do Bodyweight 2, good luck!