Daily Check-in: Wednesday, July 1st

Hello, and Happy July to you, FB Fam!

I wanna say that it's hard to believe that it's July already, but I don't think the past few months have been the greatest for most of us---so let's celebrate instead the passing of time.

Whoo hoo for it being July already! Hopefully things will start looking up from here on out!

In addition to being the 1st day of July, it's also #WildflowerWednesday here in the Daily Check-ins! Feel free to share any and all wildflowers (or anything you wish, not just flowers either) today! So I've got one to share with ya'll. How about a happy, summery flower (with a bonus Orange Skipper) to start the month off with? This pic is of some Birdsfoot Trefoil. It's a very nice little plant, with stunning yellow blossoms, that Orange Skippers like very much. As do my chickens. The Trefoil not only produces beautiful blossoms for skippers and chickens alike to enjoy, but it's also a really good pasture plant. It's beneficial to many grazing species of animal, and is actually quite similar to alfalfa in that respect.

Whoever said "You can't have it all", has never met this little plant.

Because: Birdsfoot Trefoil can have it all.

So take that nay-sayers. 😂

And us Blenders here get to have it all with our workouts every day too! K & D have made sure of that--with endless variety, difficulty levels, length of time, training styles, and not to mention 600+ free workouts videos---they're like the Trefoil of Training.

So with all that variety available, what workouts will you be partaking in today, FB Fam?

Ok, so I did the "Legs on Fire" lower body routine, paired with a pilates routine yesterday (https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/butt-and-thigh-workout-with-fat-burning-hiit-cardio-legs-on-fire & https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/leg-slimming-pilates-butt-and-thigh-workout-to-lift-glutes-and-tone-thighs ), and yeah, well, Legs on Fire is not to be taken lightly. I really underestimate these shorter routines--thinking "I can get through this, no prob!". Only to later curse myself for my hubris, as I penguin-waddle myself around due to the resulting DOMS. 😂

So for today: I've got another day of Abs Rd 1, and it's a core + upper body combo. Perfect for resting those burning legs.

I've really been enjoying Abs Rd 1 so far. Kimberlee and Adrienne and I were discussing on yesterday's check-in how the FB+ stats were really helpful in seeing how much core work in particular tends to be a weak spot. So that's one of many reasons I chose to Abs1 currently. I also have a sort of random fitness goal that makes me want to focus more on core: I want to be able to do a full dragon flag. I've been making some progress in that regards, but I still have a long way to go. One thing I need to focus on more is strengthening my lower back specifically--so I'm going to start adding in some of FB's shorter lower back routines as EC (like maybe add one on to today's workout as well) and hopefully that'll help.

How about you FB Fam? Do you have any fitness goals you are currently working on? Could be long term, short term, or anything in between! Feel free to share, if you'd like!

Ok, now let's talk a bit about the food! Let's face it: that's why we're all here, right? 😂

So we're gonna go easy and just have some turkey sandwiches. (much like Miss Raven, who often recommends sandwiches during warmer weather. She's totally on to something here!) We will probably have them with red onion, cucumbers, olives, tomato, avocado, on wheat bread, and topped with an Italian vinaigrette. Easy, and won't heat the house up!

Well FB Fam: I think that's my rambling quota for this, the First Day of July.

I hope you all have a lovely day, and thank you so much for checking in with me!

Have fun, and enjoy those workouts (or rest!) today!

And Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian Blenders out there!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited