Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Abs Round 2 Complete (fourth time) - A Short Review

I finished Abs Round 2 yesterday and although it’s the fourth time I’ve done it and I’ve already posted a review in which I compared the two Abs programmes, I thought I’d post a relatively short comment about my experiences.

First of all, this time was different because I had workout buddies or as we now call ourselves perspiration pals and it was really good to know that other Blenders were doing the same routines as me and might be having the same difficulties or achievements as me.

The programme is excellent for those who want to focus on strengthening their core without forgetting about their limbs. If you have an aversion to HIIT it might not be your programme although it’s never a bad idea to try things you don’t particularly like. I didn’t use to like kickboxing routines because I felt like a drunken octopus doing them but now I absolutely love kicking and boxing the air. There are extra credit challenges along the way although not every day which is good because if you feel a bit overwhelmed and, like me, are insistent on doing all the scheduled routines you can have a little break.

The difficulty of the individual routines depends largely on how hard you are able to or want to push yourself. It is interesting to observe how my attitude and fitness level has changed over the years. When I first did this programme I was overwhelmed and wanted to continue with something a lot less daunting. Now, I’m ready to do something equally challenging. Sometimes I wish my fitness level were a bit more visible but my muscles prefer hiding. They are visible if I flex them but I can’t walk around flexing my muscles all the time because I would look angry and constipated.

Instead, I remain what I am; a healthy stick person and a proud Blender.