Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Bodyweight R2 Complete

So, I just finished FB Bodyweight R2 and I would just like to share my thoughts about it.

It was my fourth program after Burn, Abs 2 and Strong, and out of the four, it was the most difficult one, at least for me. It was mostly HIIT and cardio, which is the reason why I got it in the first place. It also has a bit of strength training in the mix, which you have the option to do with or without weights.

It has a good selection of workouts that includes those that I would otherwise not even dare to pick out if I was making my own program myself, and that is the main reason why I loved it. It presented a whole new level of challenge for me. Those brutal 5/5 ones literally had me push myself to the limits and I like that it made me realize just how much my body is really capable of doing and how far it can actually go.

I must admit that most HIIT in this program got me nervous that I almost dread those days they were scheduled. I was scared that I might not be able to do the tough exercises or that my lungs or legs would not be able to keep up. But, as always, I kept reminding myself that I could always opt for easier version and take a couple extra breaks ANYTIME I feel the need to. So I went for it and was really surprised at myself for finishing it.

Overall, it was a very good program. Tough and challenging, yet sooo rewarding! This is definitely for moderate to advanced exercisers who are looking for a real challenge. I wouldn't recommend this for beginners, although, everything's doable and can be accomplished with a little modification and extra couple breaks, here and there. 😉

I am planning to repeat it, but will alternate the weeks with Low Impact R2, just to mix things up a bit and to give my body a little break from all the jumping. Has anyone tried this combo? I'm interested to know how it went. 🙂