Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Reach Review with Pics

I know you think I'm only good at stuffing myself with chocolate. 🍫🀣 However, after completing Reach for the 7th time, I believe I am fully qualified to give my review. πŸ˜‡ I won't dazzle you with numbers and structure.

Just look at the pics! It's my version of PFT for Reach 7.0. πŸ˜‰

When I started with FB last year, I was doing great for a while and then fell off the fitness wagon. Naturally, I lost some of strength and endurance, but lots of flexibility. 😳 So, starting almost fresh, I did Reach once more (hence the 7th time).

Reach is not a high-intensity program, but my goodness it is a good one!πŸ˜‰ I’ve done it as a standalone program but also combined it with others. With Strong, Burn1, and now Abs2. (I highly recommend doing combo routines on recovery days of other programs!)

Not only I’ve noticed a big difference in my flexibility, it improved my core strength and posture as well. πŸ‘Œ In only a few weeks, I also improved my stamina as I went from only walking 3,8km in 45 mins, to actually running 5,7km in the same time frame. Moreover, I always feel awesome/relaxed/muscle burn at the end of it. 😊

So, to share some details about the program itself… First of all, it can be used in many different ways:

1. As a beginner-friendly program,

2. As a way of getting back into exercise after a long break,

3. To focus on flexibility and range of motion,

4. As a recovery program,

5. To improve core strength and posture,

6. To learn basics for good quality pilates (it’s good for advanced levels as well!)

7. Either alone or combined with another program, without overtraining risk.

When combining with another program, it can be done at different times of the day as a second workout, or as a burnout round, or extended cooldown/stretch after another routine. Tip: If you go with the latter, you can skip the warm-up in Reach and the cooldown of the other program, to make for a slightly shorter routine than you expect when glancing at your calendar.πŸ˜‰

This time I started Reach alone and then from the third week on I’ve combined it with Abs2 (still ongoing). I go with the flow, and it’s the same with Reach. I love adding it as a burnout round on some days (and it burns!πŸ”₯) but also doing it separately on other days. When done as a standalone, one has more motivation to fully engage the muscles and to focus on each movement. Mind you - pilates is no joke!πŸ˜… I used to think of it as boring and not challenging enough. I was gladly proven wrong by FB.πŸ˜‡

I felt the burns all throughout. I highly recommend to do it on its own at least once, 'cause people still tend to underestimate workouts like these. Saying they're too easy or can only be used as burnout rounds is most definitely - not true. Any workout can be difficult when done with the correct form and right approach. Actually it can be more difficult with time, because you learn how to properly engage the muscles. They for sure make my muscles burn much more now than they did a year ago. πŸ‘ Furthermore, if you really want more challenge, you can add bands, ankle weights, or dumbbells depending on the exercise.

You might wanna know, most days that focus on a specific muscle group do also include a longer stretching video than what other programs have. And there are quite a bit of hidden gems of core-focused work for which I am grateful. πŸ‘Œ

What I'm saying is: Do it! If you enjoy relaxing workouts at any time. If you’re starting your fitness journey. If you want to ease back into fitness after a break. If you want to work on flexibility and range of motion. If you want to improve your posture and core strength. If you want to add a second workout to your day without overtraining.😊

Reach is so amazing!πŸ‘Œ I plan on doing it many more times with different ways of approach. Also, Kelli already noted that we need another round of it! 😁 And I couldn’t agree more.

If you want it, then Reach for your goals! πŸ˜‰