Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

First program complete!

Hi folks,

I've been using FB for a LONG time but I've never actually managed to complete a whole program. I have always lost momentum around week 2 or 3.

Well, with the working from home that came with COVID, I have managed my first ever program complete!

I've learned some really valuable things through this:

- I finally now see workout time as "me time", because it's the only part of the day that I truly get to myself. This came about through properly reading the introduction post for the first time. It turned what I was originally seeing as a chore into a reward. "I worked hard today, so now I get to have some time to myself". (My stepson rarely bothers me during my workout because he knows if he comes in, he has to do it with me, hahaha)

- I really do feel fitter and better, and that in itself becomes a new reward and ongoing motivation.

- Mid morning or mid arvo are my best workout times. This doesn't translate well to office work! But it has changed how I see myself. I had thought I was just lazy and that was why I wasn't finishing any programs, and I now realise I was really down on myself for it. However the reality is, working out at 5:30am or 5:30 pm (the only available times that fit in with school runs and the office commute) was never going to work for me. It's the two lowest points of the day in terms of my energy. It doesn't mean I'm lazy, it means I'm human!

- Before and after photos don't tell even half the story. I have taken a bunch every week, but honestly I don't see much difference between the photos at the start and end of the program. However I do see it when I look in the mirror, and I feel it every day in my body.

- Putting mirrors in the gym helps motivate me, because not only can I see what I want to work on, I can also see the progress. I can watch my muscles move as I work out, and it gives me that extra push somehow.

I'm so excited and motivated and happy to have completed a program for the first time! I have scheduled FB Strong next.

My next goal is to figure out how to get workouts into my schedule when I return to working in the office. My husband and I alternate school runs, so I'm thinking maybe I can work from home in the early morning for a couple of hours, then do the school run, then a workout, and then go into the office late. Or vice-versa on the days I am doing the school pickup...