Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Low Impact Complete + Results!

Hey!

I just completed Low Impact Round 1 today. My first ever Programme Complete. YAY!

Before I get into the results just some basic info about how I went about the Programme...

1. My aim is to lose weight in the long run. But I haven't consistently worked out in a long long time so I was looking for something to get this journey started. Low Impact R1 seemed to suit me perfectly. Just to build a foundation and 'like' exercising instead of looking at it as a punishment or chore.

2. I don't own any dumbbells/weights/resistance bands presently. I used 1 litre glass bottles for upper body exercises and no weights for lower body workouts. (I'll be buying dumbbells once lockdown ends.)

3. I did the beginner versions for everything.

4. I did all the extra credit videos, optional 6th day workouts and short yoga/stretching workouts with a quick warm up on the 7th day.

Results:

>> PFT: 2nd April 2020 vs 29th April 2020

1. 17 half push ups -> 16 half push ups with better form, control and lower (or should I say deeper?) pushups

2. 19 squats -> 32 squats (could have done maybe another 7-9 squats but my right calf/back of the knee area felt kinda funny today so I didn't risk it)

3. 22 sec forearm plank -> 40 sec forearm plank

4. sit n reach couldn't reach my feet (-2 cm) -> touched beyond the feet! (+1cm)

5. couldn't do the walk/run because of the lockdown.

>> Other results:

1. I had a consistent lower back pain for almost a year because of my desk job and it's as good as gone!!

2. I live on the 4th floor (without a lift) and my body isn't crying or gasping for air anymore. Earlier I'd pause for a few seconds once or twice till I got home.

3. I'm sitting and standing straighter without having to constantly remind myself to stop slouching or relax my shoulders.

4. My body feels toner and my clothes fit better.

5. I don't have a scale so haven't weighed myself but I definitely notice that 'weight loss' in the mirror and in my energy levels.

6. I didn't take any measurements. There are slight albeit noticeable changes in my body and measurements would have definitely validated that. Measurements go on my to-do list for future programmes.

7. I look forward to my 'workout complete' instead of dreading the workout!

So, in my opinion, if anybody is looking to get back to exercising, do something that is easy on the joints and completely apartment friendly - this is the programme for you! It's low impact but highly effective. You will see results on the scale and otherwise!

I'll start the 3 day flexibility challenge tomorrow and then move on to Bodyweight Round 2 this Sunday!

If you'll have any questions about the programme or my post I'll do my best to help!

Hope everyone's staying positive, safe and healthy in these tough times!

Sorry if this was too long (first post excitement!) and thanks for reading.

#FBLowImpact #FBLIR1 #PuppyCat