Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Adventure Complete - A Review

I finished FB Adventure last Friday so a review is in order. Originally I started this programme because my energy level had been dwindling or at least that’s how I felt. I dreaded HIIT routines, I needed more and more time to persuade myself to actually start working out so I decided to buy Adventure because it’s a 4-days-a-week programme and I thought I’d use the extra day off to spend a bit more time outside enjoying spring. When I clicked on ’Purchase’, I never would have thought that a tiny ’bad news wrapped in protein’ would mess up my plans forcing me (and everybody else) to stay inside for weeks and weeks to come.

FB Adventure, as the title suggests, is a perfect programme for those who have an active lifestyle but also for those who want to slow down a bit and work out for only 4 days a week for a month. The structure of the programme is thoroughly thought through. Lower body routines are followed by upper body routines which in turn are followed by core and total body workout routines. There are extra credit challenges so depending on your mood and energy you can work out for 30-35 minutes or 50-55 minutes a day. Since you have 3 days off, you can do all the extra credit challenges or schedule a stretching/Pilates routine every week.

The individual routines can be quite tough so you might not always feel the need to work out for over 35 minutes. At least two routines a week contain HIIT/cardio but if you prefer strength training you won’t be disappointed either. I did almost all the extra credit challenges and actually ended up working out 5 days a week because sitting all day worrying about the news, reading about human coronaviruses, googling all the expressions related to microbiology and virology I didn’t know and then worrying a bit more only exercised my brain.

All in all, FB Adventure is an excellent programme especially if you have a busy and active lifestyle. I will definitely do it again in the future. Now, however, I'm going to join the community challenge.

Take care, stay safe and destroy the fat and protein shell of the virus with soapy water!