Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Struggling to lose weight

Hey guys, so about a year and half ago I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes and the doctor said if I didn't want the full blown disease and be on metformin for the rest of my life I should lose weight and eat healthy. So I started on my weight loss journey. At the time I weighed a 110 kg. For about 6 months, I counted calories using My fitness pal app and brought my weight down to 87 kgs. I felt good and great about my accomplishment, next I decided to go to the gym, so I started doing Cardio almost everyday, 20-30 minutes of light jogging, eliptical or even HIIT running. I also did weight training, was able to bring my weight down to 82 kgs, but then I moved to Bangladesh my original country and here I don't have access to the kind of food like we have in Canada. I continued going to the gym here but the equipments here are not as great, so I gained weight and currently 85 kgs :( I feel terrible, because I worked hard to lose all that weight and now to gain it back is just soul crushing. I stumbled upon Fitneess blender on youtube, and like these workouts. I am doing 6 days a week, all of Daniel's workouts as I find those to make me sweat more. But I am still not losing any weight. I admit my eating hasn't been the best, but I limit calorie intake to less than 2000 cals. I know I should probably bring that down to 1500 like before. But I am looking for ideas. How can I get the best out of Fitness blender workouts, plus a diet that I can follow regularly. We don't get fresh salmon etc in Bangladesh here or quinoa. Will appreciate any input. Please help. Thanks :)