Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Sweat Day 10 Check in - Struggling

On my calendar today for FB Sweat was a particularly brutal HIIT workout I've never done before ....

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/insane-hiit-challenge-bodyweight-only-high-intensity-interval-training-workout

.... and I did not want to do it, at all. Last night something I ate at dinner triggered my sensitive stomach and I haven't been feeling well today. I was able to get it to calm down a little (healthy whole foods, tons of water) but I still wasn't feeling like I could give this workout 100%, but I decided I would still show up and do what my body would allow me to. I did low impact mods the whole way through and still broke a sweat, but listened to my body and now my stomach actually feels a lot better.

Some days workouts are about pushing yourself, but other days they are simply about just showing up and doing what you can, and listening to your body is telling you.

On the food related note, I now realize that (as much as I love them) I CANNOT eat any raw vegetables or seeded fruits like berries. They mess me up every time I eat them. Last night, the culprit was some cherry tomatoes that I had with my salmon dinner. Man, my relationship with healthy eating has been very challenged because I try to eat lots of veggies but am finding out the hard way that I have to cook ALL my vegetables. I seriously can't even eat salads without upsetting my stomach. Does anyone else struggle with this??