Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

It's a start?

So, quarantine huh? Seeing as I received permission to work from home from my amazing boss I have been staying at home for the last two-plus weeks. It's no surprise that staying at home all day (or in bed all day, but that's just details) did not go well for my weight or eating habits.

A few days ago after inadvertently glancing at myself in the mirror (from the side too, the horror...) I realized that this could not go on. So I went to Fitness Blender and purchased a workout program, telling myself that spending some money on it will motivate me to actually follow it. After buying the program I scheduled the first work out for the next day. Naturally, I did not work out the next day. Or the day after that. Almost a week passed by before I bit the bullet, so to speak, and opened FB again.

I do have a bit of an excuse besides just being lazy! Being at home with my entire family (Parents and my three younger siblings) was an extra challenge. All my siblings are quite slender and sporty and then there is me, looking like I'm doing my best to try out for the role of-well, you get the idea. Insecurity and low self-esteem are my oldest friends (well, aside from my parents. Mostly because they knew me before I was self-aware) and having your younger brother or sister giggle at the rare sight of you working out with all that entails (insert a gif of wiggling jelly) can be quite humiliating. I guess those are teenagers for you. Sensitivity is a myth and empathy or understanding are for weaklings.

Anyway, my point is today I overcame this a little! Holed up in my room I cleared as much space as possible and just...did it. I had to threaten my sister that I would do some unspeakable things to her favorite posters if I saw or heard her anywhere near my room. Details.

So, to conclude this riveting tale of mediocrity, I went through the entire 35 min workout and then the extra credit one (had to cut this one short though) for a total of about 40-45 mins of workout. Here's hoping for completing day 2 tomorrow, assuming I'll be able to get out of bed.

Thank you to anyone who bothered to read all this, I know it's pretty lengthy, I have a lot to say I guess.

edit- some typos

Edited