Weekend Ghost Check-in: Saturday March 14th

It's the weekend! And what a crazy weekend it is. So far today, we have...

* We skipped swimming lessons (our choice).

* We missed out on a school play date (cancelled).

* I did today's workout with my children - which reminded me why I prefer to work out after they're in bed.

* My husband did the grocery shopping - which was a complete failure because it was too late in the day. I have to go first thing tomorrow to do it properly. Thanks, Australian people.

* I'm currently watching a game of footy on TV with no spectators present.

What I would have preferred to do was go to a playground. Hence the photo. (Incidentally, this is about the extent of my wildlife photography album. Dragons count, right?)

But even when we're keeping to ourselves and avoiding crowded places, we can still do workouts and eat food. So let's talk about those most important things!

What's everyone doing in the way of workouts today? A lot of you like to rest on the weekend - and I hope it's a blissful stretch or rest day for you! As for me, I was ready to work hard. My workout was this one: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/hiit-and-abs-workout-63-minute-ab-and-cardio-workout - 8-round tabata HIIT and abs. It flew by, if you can believe it.

(My 6yo only did bits and pieces, so he then did "the kiddy workout" as well.)

For those of you who managed to do your grocery shopping properly, what's on the menu? And for those of us who struggled - what did you end up with? I was dreaming of a roasted zucchini and eggplant soup... And ended up with cottage pie. Fingers crossed I get my soup tomorrow!

Please do check in with me and tell me about your crazy Saturdays around the world!

👻