Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Strong week 3

So today I am commencing week 4 of strong. Can't believe I am on the last week already!

I found week 3 to be a mixed bag to be honest.

What I loved:

-more active rest/stretching felt good

-I LOVED the upper body/HIIT workout, I found it very challenging but was proud of myself when I completed it.

-had a really nice soreness (not too sore) after the HIIT day, and the last full body strength day.

-Was nice to change things up a bit from the standard layout which I have come to know and love.

-provided a different type of challenge with the full body as I really had to focus on balance and coordination more,

What I found challenging:

-I didn't feel as though I worked as hard on full body days.

-I think full body days compromised my form and felt more like a cardio workout than a good strength training session.

-I couldn't lift as heavy

-I felt less accomplished on full body days

What I love about following a FB programme, is that you try things you may not necessarily try by yourself and combine things in a different way. I have learnt that I love more of a traditional training split vs full body strength training sessions (with weights at least). I have learned that I love combining HIIT with strength, although I think I would only do it on upper body/core days. I heave learned that I don't have to go all out every. single. day to get results and I have learned that stretching is so important and I really enjoy it. I can also see how combing different training types really compliment each other.

On a side note, I have been working on getting a pull up for a while now, I stopped when I started this programme. I was doing slow negatives from the bar to build my strength. Well I tried on Friday, and I was soooo much stronger. It felt easy to do a really really slow negative, and I am closer than I have ever been to getting that pull up. There was a noticeable change in how strong my arms, back and core were aaaannnnddd I CAN DO JUMPING LUNGES NOW!!!! ;D

It works people! So looking forward to completing the programme at the end of this week. I started this programme wanting visible differences in my body composition which tbh I don't think I will have (yet) but I am totally fine with that because I will finish being grateful for the much more important things I am now achieving and how much happier, stronger and flexible I am feeling.

I also had a very indulgent weekend so will be working extra hard this week! haha!

Happy Monday all :D