Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

6 weeks into FB30 round 1!

I completed my 6th week straight with only one missed optional workout that I intend to add on to tomorrow’s optional workout.

I am coming up on 2 years post partum (does it even count as post partum beyond 1 year?) I was pregnant with twins and started my pregnancy at my highest weight. I had to gain extra weight for the pregnancy per doctors orders and watched my body grow bigger each month. The babies were both just shy of 7lbs and in perfect health thankfully.

Back in September I did a 30 day Zumba program and got discouraged after completing the program but gaining weight. I’ve been a longtime FB member and I knew I needed to come back here and just put in the real work.

I am just now starting to really notice the changes in my body this week. I’m holding myself better, my stomach muscles stay engaged on their own. My athletic ability is improving significantly. I’m lifting heavier and recovering faster. I’m starting to really see my short term goals being met. I have only stepped on the scale twice and my plan is to check again at the end of the 8 weeks.

For those that are curious, I am following the FB clean eating advice, but I’m not on an official program. I’m doing my best to create a healthy calorie deficit but not obsess over it.

My plan originally was to do FB 30 round 2 after this, but now I’m having trouble deciding between FB Abs or FBFit. Concerning FB Fit, I have the ability to build in more time for my workout but I’m worried that I may not be able to keep up? And for FB Abs, I’ve seen amazing reviews and some that specifically mention a post partum body. My short term goal is to devote the next 4 1/2 months to really getting my health and fitness back on track. This means weight loss. I don’t have a specific number in mind, because I understand how weight can fluctuate and how it’s measured. But I also know that my current weight is not in the healthy range. My long term goal is to regain a sustainable lifestyle with health at the center.

For those of you that have done either Fit or Abs or both, how did you like those programs?

Thanks in advance for your input, and thanks FB (Kelli and Daniel) for not only a great workout education, but a wonderful community as well.

Edited