Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Strong week 1

Hi,

I thought I would post updates weekly throughout my program. Mainly to keep myself motivated and accountable, and to 'debrief' in a way, but also because before starting this program, I really enjoyed reading other peoples.

So, overall I found the first week challenging but doable. My first lower body day knocked me for six (as anyone who read my working out with DOMS thread knows). It took me 4 days to recover enough to do another lower body day, and even then I was still sore! Funnily enough though, I think it helped as I felt great the next day, I still ached but it was a 'good' ache.

I loved the fact the week was split up into lower body/core/upper body. I found lower body days really challenging so enjoyed upper body and core days in between as they were a tad less brutal.

What I am really enjoying about this program so far, is that it's not super hardcore every day but I feel sore after every workout and always challenge myself. I may have had a BRUTAL lower body work out one day, but I know (for me) the next day isn't going to be quite so tough. It's a really good mixture of - omg I feel like Bambi on ice why do I not live in a bungalow? to that was challenging but I am not getting too much of a sweat on, and I do feel it the next day. The fact it's such a mixture of routines made it easy for me to stick to and enjoy without getting bored.

I am learning a lot about what I can/can't lift. I think initially I was going slightly too heavy on lower body days for some moves, and not heavy enough on upper body days, so I am definitely going to push myself harder this week on upper body days.

I am doing my first lower body session of the week tonight, first night of week 2! I am looking forward to it as I had a very chilled weekend and am so ready to start again.

:)