E
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Sweat - program complete

Yesterday I finished FBsweat for the first time! It took me 10 extra days. I felt like I was rescheduling a lot, so this was not as bad as I thought.

I had been doing nearly all low impact (strength training, Pilates, or very easy cardio) in recent months, so this was a good challenge for me.

Sweat has a good amount of HIIT in it, but it is often part of a strength/HIIT combo video, which is much more doable for me then HIIT on its own.

I liked that it had the extra credit so I could do 30 minutes or bring the workout up to 45 or 50 minutes. I just don’t have time on weekdays for the longer workouts, but I did take advantage of this a few times on the weekend and it felt rewarding to push myself.

I also like that this is a 4 week program. I completed a FB30 program once in the past (with great results), but the 8 week length with lots of HIIT felt too daunting to put back on my calendar.

In sum I’d say if you want a flexible, total-body,challenging program that’s primarily HIIT and Strength (with some low impact cardio here and there), this program would well for you.

One more thing I’ll add is that the strength training is often (but not exclusively) total body. A year ago I would have hated this. I preferred isolating lower/upper and especially disliked compound movements. However, maybe because I’m more confident in my abilities and ready to shake things up, I’ve come around on total body strength. It’s a different kind of challenge and definitely packs a punch.

I’ll definitely do this program again.