Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Abs Round 1 Complete + Some Musings

Since I’ve already posted a review about Abs Round 1, this particular review is not going to focus mainly on the programme’s structure or the individual routines. My first review was posted nearly 2 years ago, as far as I can remember, because it was actually my very first FB programme. I remember how amazed I was at the difference a well-structured, varied workout programme can make. Over the years I’ve read quite a lot of questions about this programme (and the others as well, of course) mostly because unlike the other programmes this one and Abs 2 focus on a particular area of the body, namely the core.

It is well-known that we can’t spot-reduce fat or tone only one specific muscle group. Anyone who wants to reduce body fat or get toned or more muscular should follow a healthy diet (fortunately FB can offer meal plans as well) and do varied, well-structured workout routines with cardio, possibly HIIT and strength training which is what all FB programmes can offer. Since the Abs programmes focus mainly on the core muscles, you might actually see results in just four weeks. Not necessarily but it’s possible. It’s also a good idea to repeat this programme from time to time. If you know how to engage your muscles and you push yourself, it won’t get significantly easier but the result might be more visible.

Talking about visible results, as the topic often comes up in various posts, I thought I’d share an experience with you. I was at the hairdresser’s on Saturday, minding my own business, but I couldn’t help overhearing a conversation between one of the hairdressers, a young woman, and a customer. They were talking about the roundness of the hairdresser’s bum. The hairdresser claimed that it’s ‘squats and lunges’ that make it so round. Ivett in her head: ‘Then my bottom would be one of the roundest in the city! Squats and lunges, my a***.’ (Literally)

Now, when you ask yourself the question of why you don’t look exactly like someone else who works out as hard and as much as you, consider the following things. Firstly, the hairdresser I was talking about is roughly 20 years younger than me. Secondly, her body type is different from mine. What I’m trying to say is not that you can’t change anything about your body after a certain age because you can. However, the later you start the more difficult it will be. Also, your body can and does change if you start exercising but always compared to what it used to be like. Sometimes the changes are significant, sometimes they are hardly visible but they are always there. Fundamental changes might require tremendous effort and you have to ask yourself whether you are ready for making that effort and whether it’s worth it.

Whatever you do, make sure your expectations are realistic and if they are, just do your best and you’ll succeed.