B
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Booty & overtraining

A little history: I need to run for health reasons, so I generally try to run 2 miles on Tuesday and Thursday and 1 mile with some lifting on Saturday. I don't want to give up running, but whenever I try to strength train, I get shin splints and hamstring issues and I'm not sure if I'm over training or improper form or what. If I don't really strength train, I'm usually fine. I want to strength train too, but am struggling to find that balance. I am thinking of purchasing FB Booty program because to be honest, my toned rear is what I miss the most. My schedule then would probably be MWF- Booty T,T,S-running, but probably on Saturday I would only run a mile and do some upper body lifting. My problem is that I don't want those shin splints and hamstring issues again. Saturday I tried to run, but felt a slight shin splint, so I immediately stopped and just walked and then done some lifting. The shin splints and hamstring issues have been plaguing me for awhile and it's only my left leg. So, two questions.

1. Does this seem like a reasonable schedule or too much?

2. How do you know when it's too much and how do you decide what to cut back on?