Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Adventure complete

Hi all. I completed Adventure several days ago and as it has become tradition, a "review" is in order ;)

My starting place: fairly fit, after a year and a half of consistent training with mostly programs and 5-6 days a week schedule (planned, of course some weeks were less), wanting to drop to a planned less frequent schedule. No specific fitness goals other than to stay active and maybe refresh my zeal. I wanted to work out Mon-Tue-Thur-Fri, and exactly NONE of my weeks turned out that way as you can see in the pic :D

First word that comes to mind about Adventure is "nice". It is a very nice program (except for one crazy hard workout in first week, but that remained the only time I got a little scared of the program :)). All goodies we got used to getting from FB are there - balanced mix of focus and style. A classic very worth having in your arsenal as a fun challenge at maintenance level (of course that's all subjective, can't say how would it be for someone at a different point of their journey)

Regarding weekly structure, first 2 weeks are very similar (one lower body day, one upper, one core, one total body, two times HIIT, once cardio, once just strength training without cardio), then the second 2 weeks have more upper focus (2x per week) and it seemed to me more strength, less cardio. For the upper body days, both times (the last 2 weeks) I felt they were too close together, the second one scheduled while still feeling the first.

Onto some numbers now.

So 4x4 is 16 workout days. There are 37 different videos, ranging from November 2012 to June 2015. When removing separate wu/cd or recovery - 28 workout videos, 16 with Kelli, 10 with Daniel and 2 with both. (all stats refer to those 28)

Together they have 180 different exercises.

My average personal rating for how I liked the videos is a solid 5.3 (of 7)

Body focus:

Upper only - 10 (different) videos, 203 minutes (one of the upper body videos appears twice so +12 min); upper + core - 1 video, 10 minutes;

Lower only - 5 videos, 125 minutes; lower + core - 1 video, 16 minutes; lower + total - 2 videos, 63 minutes

Core only - 2 videos, 43 minutes; core + total - 2 videos, 51 minutes

Total body - 5 videos, 112 minutes

Regarding cardio vs strenght, one thing I noticed and absolutely adored is that Adventure has quite a lot of that structure that alternates between cardio and strength sets - 9 videos and 7 days of that. And two videos that have both strength and cardio but separated in groups. Plus two more that have them dispersed randomly. So 13 videos that include both cardio and strength. 11 videos are pure strength without cardio (of them 5 bodyweigth and 6 with weights), and just one is pure cardio/HIIT. Plus one pilates only, one "mostly strength" and one "mostly cardio". Altogether quite even I think.

And finally about results, Adventure gave me exactly the result I wanted - a break from a packed schedule but still challenging, ending with renewed desire to go back to 5-day weeks :)

I hope some of this was useful to you and if you are thinking about doing Adventure, go for it!