a
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Videos demonstrating how to swap dumbbells for resistance bands?

Hi! I'm a couple weeks in to a 10-week stay abroad and finally feeling settled/oriented enough to start adding exercise back in to my day-to-day. A little apprehensive as things my life is very different here, but mostly feeling ready.

My favorite form of exercise since finding FB has become weight lifting. Since it wasn't feasible to lug my powerblocks with me, I packed a set of resistance bands (simple ones with no handles) and a set of resistance loops (closed loops for mainly lower body use).

I could have sworn I saw somewhere around here some time a link to a video that demonstrated good substitutes using resistance bands for common dumbbell exercises. I can't find it now and wonder if maybe I made that up. Anyone know of such a thing?

My goal is to try to follow the Low Impact program (I'm in a family homestay and don't want to be noisy/disruptive) using bands where weights are called for. Since FB so far only has a handful of vids that are designed to be used with bands/loops, I'd prefer to figure out swaps for the component moves rather than just do those same videos over and over forever. But we'll see how this experiment goes!

The good news is I'm at high altitude so it's much easier to get myself winded for cardio purposes, but I'm hoping to not neglect my muscles too much while I'm here.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!