Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Finishing FB Strong and Some Observations

Hello there, Blenders, review time! I’m about to finish FB Strong for the second time so I thought I’d post a relatively short summary.

In my previous post, I mostly wrote about the structure of the programme, the ratio of HIIT/cardio to strength training and the possible results you might expect if you decide to do this excellent programme. (see FB Strong Complete – Short Review)

Now, however, I’d like to tell you more about what happens when you consistently use Fitness Blender programmes for over one and a half years. I’ve done altogether 12 programmes (Strong, Mass, Burn R1/2, Flex, Booty, Bored Easily, Bodyweight R1/2, Abs R1/2 and Blend) and what really struck me was the improvement in overall strength, discipline and muscle definition. Trust me, it’s not all roses all the time. I’ve been angry, annoyed, frustrated, dejected and dissatisfied but I’ve learned to ignore temporary emotions and concentrate on overall results instead. (Most of the time.) I couldn’t lift significantly heavier weights now than back in July 2018 when I first did FB Strong but funnily enough when lifting heavy everyday object there definitely is some improvement. My overall stamina has increased as well because the individual routines in Strong aren’t generally longer than 35-40 minutes but having done 2 or 3 programmes with a lot of extra credit challenge, doing a 33-minute long routine made me feel as if I could just go on for quite a while. Not always, mind you, but more often than not.

As for visible results, well, I’m still not muscular and I never will be but my muscle definition is not bad, especially for a 44-year-old. I obviously couldn’t start exercising a lot earlier because I had to wait for Kelli & Daniel to grow up, meet and start FB but I do envy our teenager and young adult Blenders. Although to be honest, I was NOT sporty when I was a young adult…

I’m not saying everybody should buy programmes because that’s the only way to get results. This is my experience but I strongly recommend these programmes if you can afford them. If not, don’t worry, I’d been using free workout routines before I started doing programmes.

Oh, and happy Saint Nicholas Day to my (probably mostly) European fellow Blenders.