Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Blend Complete - A Review + Personal Note

Amidst (now here’s an underused word) all the excitement about FB Plus, I thought I’d post a short review about FB Blend, which I finished 3 days ago. Similarly to all the other programmes I’ve completed, Blend didn’t disappoint me either.

The programme is very aptly named because it does contain a wide variety of exercise styles; HIIT/cardio, strength, Pilates and yoga. The format is not entirely new, for obvious reasons, which means there are lower- upper- and core days with occasional total body routines.

As you can read in the programme description, you can actually decide how long your workout session should be because there’s an extra credit challenge for almost every day. I must add a little warning here, though. If you, like me, feel obliged to do the extra credit challenge just because it’s there and also because you would be disappointed in yourself if you didn’t, you might feel a bit overwhelmed from time to time. I did most of the extra credit challenges, partly because they were there and partly because I noticed that I could. If you like challenging yourself, go for it but don’t be utterly disappointed if you can’t do all the extra credit challenges because the scheduled routines are tough enough. Don’t feel bad if you don’t always have the energy or simply the time to work out longer than 35-40 minutes every day.

The programme consists mainly of the most recent workout routines and although the individual exercises are quite well-known, I did discover some new elements. I wouldn’t say the programme is for beginners but of course, you can always modify or slow down. If you want to lose weight or get toned and fitter, FB Blend is what you are looking for.

One last thing. (Making my review not so short after all and slightly more personal.) People often ask about results so I thought it would be a good idea to give you a kind of summary. I started doing FB programmes in April 2018 before that I scheduled my own routines. I’ve never been overweight so the changes I’ve noticed aren’t highly visible especially because I don’t gain muscle easily but I’m definitely more toned. What’s really conspicuous though is how much stronger I am. Sometimes I don’t even notice it. I was carrying a full 20-litre water bottle the other day and one of my colleagues went ‘wow since when can you do that?’ ‘Since September’ I answered without thinking and I was right. 2 months ago I wouldn’t have attempted to carry it even though I could lift it. My washing machine decided to dance off its mat the other day and I could put it back on my own. (It wasn’t easy, though and I swore like a docker but I could do it.) I often ask ‘why is this thing so much lighter all of a sudden?’ It isn’t. I got stronger. I’m not ‘Wonder Woman’ but compared to how weak I was I might be ‘Definitely Stronger Woman’. So my fellow Blenders, don’t lose heart if you don’t see instant results. Just keep up the good work.