K
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Low Impact and easing back into fitness

It's been about a year since I've done an FB program. This year has been a very difficult one for me, due to the death of a coworker at work, followed by the death of my father, insane work schedules and pressures, an unexpected surgery that effectively put me on bed rest for nearly a month, capped with a bout of food poisoning earlier this week. Emotionally and physically, I've only really been able to manage walking the dog and doing at home yoga since February. While these activities have definitely helped my mental and physical health, I've felt pretty down and have lacked the energy for anything more intense. It's easy to be hard on yourself when life throws these curve balls, but it's also important to listen to your body and accept where you are today. Well, I think I'm finally ready to start doing more, so I'm easing into it with the tried and true FB Low Impact program. I highly recommend this program for any beginners or anyone returning to fitness after a break. And remember, if it's too challenging and you need an extra rest day, please take it and reschedule for another day! There's no shame in that. Much love to all.