Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Too few calories?/How to add proteins

Hi again everybody!

Since my last post (https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/1372/how-to-get-fit-after-a-few-years-of-constant-workout-and-physical-emotional-issues) I tried to follow some of your advices and be more mindful about what I eat/macro/calories.

I had two main problems: I noticed that I don't eat a lot of proteins (about 15% of my macros, according to my fitbit app) and I don't know how to eat more of them. I try to eat light meat (mostly turkey and chicken), eggs and canned tuna (I know it doesn't sound like the best of meals, but I'm at university and I don't have much time, deal with me :) ) whenever I can. Sometimes soy products and tofu. Other than that, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Aaand, the second problem is: I'm counting calories (at least for a bit, just to have a general idea of what I eat) and I noticed that I tend to eat less than I should I think? I mean, I can't seem to get more than 1000/1200 (max) calories a day (some days even less than 1000). I workout 4 to 5 days a week. I know I have this general tendency to overexercise and undereat, but I'd like to know what you think about it, so I can prevent me from hurting myself/damaging my metabolism.

Thank you all :)