Daily Check-In: Monday, October 7th

Hey, what's going on, Blenders? Did you have a great weekend? Feeling rested, recharged and ready to tackle a new week? Maybe you're already eyeing plans for this weekend; it's never too early for that! ..However the status of you, ready or not, we've got a Monday on our hands, people.

Today also marks that we are just over the halfway point until Kim's return! Maybe you've been counting down the days like reps. I know I can only pacify and distract with so much Florida flora & fauna around here, but since that's my check-in modus operandi, let's go ahead and order another round!

So this picture for today; this Sandspur, well, it is pretty much Monday Moods. It thrives in full sun, but it is the darker side of Florida. The right of passage into the sunshine state. You don't even have to look hard to find a sandspur because it has a tendency to find you. I can't tell you how many times I've been poked and bullied by these spiky seeds in attempt to weed and remove them from shoes, pants, and whatever they can stick to. The plants are very drought tolerant and can thrive in poor soils. Give it water and fertililizer and you've got monsters on your land. How I accidently and actually did that is beyond me. But it may or may not involve cow manure🙊 ..This is the time of year they are out in full force so I try to pull up the ones in my local backyard because they are a bit of a nuisance. Scratch that. A lot of nuisance. My dog found out first hand how much of a nuisance when he got a seed stuck on his paw and then his tongue for trying to remove it.

Anyway, with Monday poking and sticking around like a sandspur, who is ready for a workout? Maybe we can weed away the Monday blues with some exercise? Or needed rest if you so desire. And if you're having trouble getting started with a workout, just try something for 5 minutes. You'd be surprised how a little bit of time dedicated to movement can make you feel better. It's time dedicated to you. Showing up to the mat is giving your body the gift of self-care. A little love goes a long way!

I'm feeling like total body strength. Something like this: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/total-body-strength-workout-for-people-who-get-bored-easily-total-body-burnout

^That should feel good after a weeks worth of rest. But what will you be doing?

And how are we eating today? Got any new recipes you are trying? Or bringing out some old favorites? ..This also might be me sorta asking for dinner ideas because dinners are getting pretty sandwhichy lately. Which isn't a bad thing, but more of a repetetive thing? So I needs me some variety, lol! But how is it on the food front, guys? What does #eatrealfood look like today?

Okay, I guess it's time to get this week ahead rocking and rolling. Good luck, everyone, on the goals set forth! Remember to take breaks when you need to; both in working out and in life. And also, just breathe. Sometimes a problem is not a problem. It's the attitude about the problem. Basically bringing a different attitude to a situation could help solve things! And maybe make your Monday not as prickly as a sandspur.😉

Edited