Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Considering FB XT / moving to 3 days/week

Hello, just want to throw this out there and see if anyone has any opinions on this.

Super quick background: I'm a 2nd year grad student (with a small budget, toddler, and arthritis in my knees). I figured out while I'd like to maintain my 4 to 5 workout days a week during school, that is not going to be feasible.

I looked into FB XT but didn't realize it was $20. I'm also worried it might be too intense for me(?). I'm currently in my final week of Bored easily and was going to start FB30 R2 Monday but now I can't do 5 days of workouts.

What do you think is my best option? Do FB30 and constantly be rescheduling days? Pick my own workout videos? If I do that what should I do? MWF total body with cardio? Or focus on different parts of the body each time? FB XT would be an option, but again I'm worried it's too much for me since I usually have to modify to low impact versions of HIIT and its kind of expensive for my poor, poor grad school budget lol.

Any thoughts?!?

EDIT:: I should add my goal for this time period is to keep working out and not gain weight. I know decreasing the frequency of workouts is going to slow my progress, but it's more for my mental well being!

Edited