Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

No Complaints About a Setback

Roughly a week ago I posted about how happy I was when carrying heavy things put my strength to the test and I passed it. Perhaps not with flying colours but still, I succeeded. Then a couple of days later my lateral epicondylitis, which I thought was completely healed, flared up a bit. I could whine about it like I usually do or I could break a bad habit and try looking at a disadvantage from a different point of view.

I got the idea when reading some of the comments about various no equipment workout routines and the fact that since I can’t grip now because it hurts I had to start one of the Bodyweight programmes again. (It wasn’t a huge sacrifice :) ) Quite a lot of people seem to think that roughly half an hour without equipment might be somewhat easier than strength training. Sometimes it is but most of the time, at least with FB workout routines, it isn’t.

I finished Abs 1 last week following over two months of not really lifting anything and I was pleasantly surprised. I’ve done the Abs programme twice before and I distinctly remember not doing every single extra credit challenge because a 35-minute routine was enough. Now, however, I did every single challenge routine and sometimes I even worked out with my chest expander a bit. What I’m trying to say is that my initial apprehension about getting weaker because I couldn’t lift weights definitely eased.

So all in all, even though I’m a bit disappointed about not being able to start the new programme, Blend, or my other favourite programmes Strong or Mass, I think it’s great to have two excellent bodyweight programmes to choose from so I’m back to Bodyweight 2. I only hope my elbow won’t start bothering me at first opportunity it gets so sooner or later I will be able to get back to weight training.