Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Cardio in programs

Hey all,

I've tried to search the forums to answer my own question but I'm not sure if it's been asked quite this way so hope some friendly blenders can help me out :)

I'm interested in doing a variety of programs eventually but I don't think I want to do hiit/cardio more than 3x week. Are there any programs -- besides Strong, Mass, Booty and Flex -- that, on average, include any cardio no more than 3 out of 5 days?

I do eventually want to work on my cardio endurance but as someone who is naturally at the low end of a healthy BMI I'm wary of burning too many calories and losing weight or muscle I don't have to spare. I also walk a lot, and go for a hike or run about once a week when the weather is not too hot/cold, so more than 3 formal cardio workouts seems like overkill for me.

Anyway I definitely don't mind cycling through the strength-focused programs but I do like a good variety and would like to try some others. I know people often say Blend and Burn have a bit less hiit, but is it actually still 4-5 days of cardio, or is it less cardio altogether?

Thanks for any advice! :)

Edited