Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Any recommendation for workout programs with hypothyroidism?

Hey everyone!

So I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I've just started taking meds 2 days ago. My energy levels were really low the past couple of months. I finished a combo of FB Abs 2 and FB Strong programs in July, but I was feeling so tired during all the workouts towards the end, so I decided to take 2 weeks off and just did some low impact workouts + yoga once I had finished the programs. I'm still feeling very fatigued but I don't want to gain any weight back so I want to start another workout program. I don't have weight to lose and muscle building seems to be impossible with my condition, so I really just want to maintain my weight.

What do you guys recommend? Is the low impact program challenging enough that I will burn enough calories with it? Should I stay with individual workouts that matches my daily energy level? I could do some heavy strength training while being untreated, but I don't know how the meds will effect my workouts.

I would love to read your opinion or experience on this topic. Thank you very much! ♥