A
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Thoughts about PFT

Hello guys !

I've been thinking about the PFT a lot lately. I've done it maybe 6 or 7 times now. The first few times I noticed progress on upper and lower body strength with the squats and push-ups. But I also noticed that my core results were not progressing. Actually after doing push-ups and weighted squats, my arms are DEAD and I can't give it my best at the plank.

SO yesterday I did the plank first and then did the push-ups and the squats (someone here gave me the idea of doing jump squats instead of regular weighted squats because I get winded doing squats while counting reps). And of course I did 3'15 (while the two last times I did 2' and 1'30). Then I did the push-ups... and I couldn't manage to do as good as last time because my arms were dead ! x)

So I think I'll keep the idea of doing jump squats to track my lower body progress because not using weights obviously doesn't engage the upper body that much.

When it comes to push-ups and plank, I think I just won't do it the same day... That way I know that the results I get aren't disturbed by the exercise I did before...

Do you guys have any thoughts on that?