Daily Check-in: Thursday, July 18th

Hello Blenders!

How're you all doing today?

It's almost Friday! Yay for that at least!

So we had some pretty bad storms earlier this week, but at least they ended with a double rainbow! You can see just a part of them in the pic, but they're still kinda cool.

We're supposed to have real bad storms again today, alongside some super hot and humid weather, so not really looking forward to that.

I dislike thunderstorms. Not a fan at all.

Also for those who are interested, I figured I need to give you guys an update on Christina Egguilera. So remember a few weeks ago she had a sudden wound that bled a lot? Well, we're thinking more and more that it's a type of cancerous tumor. It's my understanding that when chickens get a form of skin cancer, they develop open sores that bleed a lot--and she's still having an issue with it. We've gotten it to close for now, and it hasn't bled in awhile, so that's at least good news.

However, that's not the only issue she's been having. We noticed that she suddenly had a distended abdomen, and hasn't layed an egg in quite some time. She wasn't egg bound, but something was up.

It seems she had a massive fluid build up in her abdominal cavity.

Long story short, she's suffering either from egg peritonitis or salpingitis. Neither of which are curable, and almost always fatal. The only way to even possibly consider fixing it is through surgical intervention--which is a no-go for poultry. So, basically, Christina Egguilera is in hospice care at this point. We are giving her antibiotics and draining fluid from her abdomen as needed to keep her comfortable. (We drained over 100 CCs of fluid already, and she's only a 3 lbs bird. 😔)

She still currently has a quality of life--i.e. eating and drinking well, chasing bugs, trying to eat my strawberry plants--so I don't think it's right to euthanize if she's still going. So our goal is to keep her as comfortable as possible until we can't.

So I know a lot of you are a fan of Xtina the chicken too, so I just wanted you to know that it's unlikely she'll be around a long time. But we'll do what we can to give her the best life in the time she still has.

Ok, on that note, let's do a total about-face and talk about something else entirely!

I posted in yesterday's check-in about the potential of doing another kickboxing-orientated community challenge, and several of you have expressed interest in joining in! My question is: do you want to start it next week on Monday, July 22nd, or the following week, Monday, July 29th? Which would you prefer, and which would work better for you? (And if you wanna check out the schedule or more info, just check out yesterday's check-in here: https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/13748/daily-check-in-wednesday-july-17th and scroll down into the comments section to see where I posted a schedule and a link to the original Kick A$$ Community Challenge.)

Lemme know when you guys would like to do this, and I'll get the ball rolling on it!

And now, how about for today, Blenders? Are you working out, or are you resting?

I ended up doing this nice bodyweight upper body routine yesterday: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/no-equipment-upper-body-workout-with-warm-up-and-cool-down so I'll plan on doing some kind of lower body and core routine today!

And what about some good food goin on today? What's on your menu, Blenders?

It's another taco salad kinda day for us! Not sure if we'll use turkey, or venison, or yak, or buffalo heart, or what. Mystery meat taco salad? Sure! haha

Alright guys, that's more than enough from me today!

I hope you all have a lovely day, and thanks so much for checking in with me!

Take care, and enjoy those workouts (or rest) today!

And remember, especially if it's warm where you live: stay hydrated today too!! Drink all the water, so you can sweat out all the sweat! haha

Have a great day FB Fam!

Edited