A few weeks back, a fellow Blender postet a half-year review of 2019. This, in turn, made me want to go back and check my own progress over the years. Surprise - it seems I've always been doing some sort of programme ever since I bought my first one end of 2016/ beginning of 2017! Some months are emptier than others, some I've been sick, some I've attended bootcamp style gym classes or others. Some blanks I don't remember clearly. But a lot are so much more consistent than I thought - heck, that is a ton of green checkmarks!
I've just finished the last lifting workout of FB Mass and am going to get my #ProgrammeComplete with the recovery day stretches in a minute - once my noodle arms stop shaking. In the meantime, since I love lists, a few thoughts on FB Mass:
1. I love Daniel‘s upper body split videos.
2. My core was ridiculously sore throughout the programme, especially during the upper body split week.
3. I was able to follow the programme almost exactly (exception of one day or two) despite working 10-12 hours a day. My work exhausts my eyes and brain more than my body, but no matter my sleep routine, getting up before 6:30 is a pain.
5. The arnold press rocks, too.
6. My right elbow, prone to some aching, didn't bother me at all.
7. Vanity reasons: I can now admire my shoulders during jump squats for extra motivation.
8. My form during shoulder presses is so much better.
9. Lifting gloves, one of the best investments ever.
10. Time flew right by. Seriously, how fast can one month go?
Originally, my plan was to create a workout diary much like Florian's for Strong, since that was really cool. Maybe next time! I was happy to get the workouts done, no brain power left for notes. However, I'm so much into the lifting vibe that I'm going to start FB Strong for the 2nd time in a few days. The first time was just about one year ago, so time for a repeat!
I'm going on a 10 day vacation in August and there's going to be no restrictions for it. Either I continue with some Strong workouts or I don't; I'm not going to create rules favouring one or the other. In between all the swimming and hiking, I daresay it might be stretched out a fair bit though. :)
As always, thanks to this awesome community for keeping the motivation high, and thanks to K&D for keeping it real.
Have a lovely day everyone!