Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Starting the last week of FB Strong

I am so excited to be so close to finishing my first ever FB program! But these past couple of days, I have been experiencing pain on the front of both my knees when I do squats and lunges, so I am rearranging the sequence of workouts this 4th week to do upper body and core before tackling another lower body workout. I'm icing my knees several times a day, but really the only time that they hurt is when I do squats or lunges. I don't know why this is happening because I've always enjoyed doing squats and have never had an issue. Perhaps it's because I've been pushing my body harder? Maybe doing squats ending with calf raises (as a substitute for jump squats) has put more stress on my knees? Or maybe it's trying half-jumping lunges for the first time that has caused the problem? I can't pinpoint the exact cause but I won't be doing jumping lunges for a while just to be sure.

In any case, the upper body workout I did today was probably my new favourite. It was descending reps with increasing weights and I really pushed myself to go up to 10 pounds per hand on most of the exercises for the last round of reps. Shows I am gaining strength with this program, as was the plan :)