Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Starting FB Strong again

I have not kept up with exercising since last November. I let work get in the way and then I dealt with pain in my left hip flexor and then my right knee. Then when snow and ice melted, I started to walk a bit, but nothing more than that. I don't even remember the last time I completed a FB workout.

Last night I had a conversation with my husband about how important it was for both of us to get in shape and lose weight, to avoid health complications that go with age and being overweight. We're stuck in this mentality that we have no choice but to do it, but really we have a choice: we can chose to remain overweight and unhealthy, or we can chose to get in shape and change our lifestyle.

So in an effort to do just that, I got up at 5am this morning to exercise. It felt good to see Kelli on my screen again and I love the first strength workout in this program. I've started FB Strong before but never lasted more than 2 weeks. It feels like I keep starting over and over to make my health a priority, but at least it's better than not trying at all and at some point I'll figure out how to make it work. And since I enjoy strength training, FB Strong is as good of a starting point as any.