Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Life setback - New program (Strong) + Running?

Hi everyone,

So I was planning on moving countries and completely changing my life next month (doing a PhD), however I was informed that it's not going to work out by my future employees due to administration issues. As you can understand this was a major setback for me which caused psychological turmoil and today when I went to sleep I developed a fever. Yeah, sucks.

Anyway, today is a new day (still feverish though) and I am looking for new jobs, plus a new program to start with. I am in the two final weeks of FBFit R2 and I was loving it, however the frequent HIIT workouts and long workouts in general exhausted me.

So now that I am sick, I plan on having a few days break completely from exercising and starting over with a new program next week. I was thinking of taking up running 3 times a week with the C25K program and possibly train for a 10K by November if possible. This is a personal goal of mine. However I also love strength training, more so than running and I want to incorporate that into my schedule. I was thinking of purchasing the Strong program and combining it with some running. I am not considering the XT program, because as I understand it has more HIIT than Strong and I think it will be too much on my knees with the running.

My next job is also going to be quite active, being on my feet all day for 8 hours.

Do you think this combination is feasible? How was the Strong program? Are the workouts fun to do? How do you recommend I split the days between running and strength training? I am afraid all this training is going to be too much for me + my active job..

Thank you in advance for all your support! :)