Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Help with choosing workouts after an injury

Exactly 3 weeks ago today me and my other half were on a mini break (yay, first time in 3 years) and we'd hired bikes for the day. Not soon after getting on the bike I fell off because my wheel got stuck in a tram track. It hurt like crazy but I carried on for the rest of the day because I'm stubborn like that :-)

Anyway the next day all the bruises and injuries came out and quite frankly I looked a mess.

Anyway I've been very good and rested up (aside from walking) and today I did my first lower body workout. My leg looked the worst in terms of a ginormous bruise but that has healed and I figured I can at least do lower body and core workouts. My left forearm on the other hand is still healing and although I can bare some weight on it I'm worried that if I push myself too much it will set me back even further and I'd rather weight until everything feels good again.

What I'm looking for are suggestions of workouts that don't use the upper body, not even planks or burpees (oh dear what a shame! lol). I did give them a go but my arm starting hurting straight away.

Thanks so much for any help or suggestions you can offer me.