Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Second Booty complete!

Hello Blenders!

I just finished FB Booty round 2, so time for a recap (and some comparisons with round 1).

As soon as I loaded the program to my calendar and looked ahead, I knew I would love it, ALL videos were already in my favorites, lol.

It felt a bit more challenging than Booty r1, but I think that’s because I was able to make it so (I started slowly adding weights after a long period without them, and I also bought a pair of heavier ankle weights than the ones I used in Booty1). I’m impressed how even the smallest increase of resistance makes a difference. I was feeling the lower body for the entire time of the program (on rest days too). Not soreness but some kind of awareness of the muscles even when they are relaxed. I don’t know how to describe it better. Tightness?

For upper body I was introducing more strengthening (after mostly stretching and mobility work). I found a FB workout which suited me perfectly, Easy enough to do without modifications but hard enough to challenge me. So I had a plan to always do that same upper body video on Tuesdays and Thursdays, also always the same core video on Saturdays. I thought it would be a good way to track progress. But after two weeks I started picking other videos, don’t know why (boredom maybe, or overconfidence and getting ahead of myself). Now I wish I followed the plan to the end. Cause by the end of week3 I started having shoulder issues again and had to do week4 entirely without weights :/ Sort of a lesson in “don’t fix it if it ain’t broken” because I was feeling great while sticking to the first plan. So yeah, I kind of messed up the second half of the program (also stretched it longer than two weeks) and didn’t feel as accomplished. That gave me my next goal – choose a full week program, don’t improvise, don’t wander off to challenges or newly released videos, stick to the schedule. I know it’s ok to reschedule but for once I would love to know how it feels to follow a program exactly as designed.

Okay, enough of that and onto what everybody usually seems most interested in – how are Booty 1 and Booty 2 different? Generally, not much :D They are very very similar in the basic structure, types of training, average duration, intensity, strength/hiit ratio and so on.

But if I’m splitting hairs, here are some differences I dug up from my notes (I love making spreadsheets of programs and calculate stats):

- Booty 2 is more lower body oriented (of course both are lower body focused but Booty 1 has more total body days, or lower/core days)

- Booty 2 is more dumbbell oriented (they have about the same amount of strength training but in Booty 1 there are more of those videos that can be done with or without dumbbells, while Booty 2 has more of those that make less sense without dumbbells)

- Booty 2 has more single side exercises like single leg deadlift, pistol squats and such. Also more of clean-and-press.

- Booty 2 has more videos. Meaning more separate warmups and cooldowns and also more days when the main workout consists of two videos. Both programs have 7 extra credits.

- There are no repeat videos in either. There is only one video that appears in both programs, a pilates extra credit (it’s on the exact same day too :D)

- Not many voiceovers in either (maybe 2-3 each). Talking of older formats, I dread workouts with rounds (when you do all exercises to the end and then start over) and even though B1 is older, it has none of those while B2 has one.

- B1 has the 100 squat challenge, B2 has the 100 lunge challenge :)

- B1 has more pilates videos.

Personally, I do have a favorite. It’s Booty1. It had more of my all time favorite videos, the favoritest of favorites :) Those all-in-ones. I love when they include everything in a single video, feels more well rounded to me. Also because I prefer when strength training can feel effective even bodyweight. And because I love pilates. My favorite thing from Booty2 is that it had a lot of single leg exercises, I love those.

But it’s all a matter of personal preference. Both Booty programs are excellent! And I’m glad I have both of them. I’m thinking next time I’m in a Booty mood I should do them at the same time by alternating weeks :)

Ok folks, this was nice and short haha!

Good day