Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Pregnant

Okay fellow blenders, I've been doing the same workouts for a few weeks now and thought it odd that I was so fatigued this week even though at the same time it felt like the workouts were getting easier. Then yesterday, I did the Bodyweight Cardio Calorie Blaster - 30 Minute Cardio Workout at Home and the Bodyweight Upper Body Workout - At Home Upper Body Workout for Lean Muscles and it really wore me out and I felt kinda sick afterwards. Then I realized my period was kinda late...so I had a talk with the magic pee stick and it has declared that I am pregnant. I was hoping to get in a little more shape before this...but here I am. I've been working out for about 40 minutes a day pretty consistently for about two months now (minus Sundays). It's mostly been cardio, some HIIT here and there, and pilates.

Anybody have experience with being pregnant and exercising? It seems like everything on the internet tells you something different, so I wanted to here from people with some experience. What can/should I do as far as workouts? Will any specifically help prevent tearing during labor? Is running and hiking out of the question? Does having that consistent workout time make my options more wide or was that not enough time to get my body accustomed to the effort?

Any and all information is appreciated! I really would love to stay active and possibly improve my labor experience. Thanks in advance!