Daily Check-in: Thursday, February 14th, Happy Valentine's Day!

I can't think of anything more romantic than this! It's the most perfect Valentine's Day gift! 😆

Hello, and Happy Valentine's Day, Blenders!

How are you all doing today? Feeling good?

Do have anything special planned for today?

I really don't! haha. Hubby and I have never really been big into the whole Valentine's Day thing. But I will make him chocolate truffles today (thanks again Erse!) just because he's so darn cute. haha

Other than that, it's gonna be a quite day (hopefully).

Hubby and I spent HOURS yesterday evening shoveling snow again (we got about another foot). This time the snow was much heavier, and had horribly deep drifts across the driveway. And man-oh-man, am I feeling it today.

But! I did figure out a new way to shovel snow (very much inspired by our Kettlebell Challenge)! Keeping good form, engage your core and your glutes, hold your shovel full of snow, and shove your hips forward as you sling the snow into a pile behind you! It's like a kettlebell swing with a shovel! It definitely works the glutes! (And probably looks super weird.) Nevertheless, it saved me from using my sore upper body muscles as much.

So yeah, Kettlebell Snow Shoveling.

It's a thing.😆

Alright, now that that tangent's over, let's get back to today!

How 'bout some good workouts on this Valentine's Day? Are you working out or are you resting?

I'm scheduled for a total body workout with a bit of HIIT today. I will probably modify the HIIT into low impact exercises, and go really easy on the weights of the total body workout. Since I'm scheduled for an active recovery workout tomorrow, I think I can make it through today!

And what about some deliciously healthy (possibly even romantic?😆) Valentine's Day meals goin on today?

I really have no idea! I think I *might* have some steaks in the freezer? So I'll pull those out, have a green salad on the side, and truffles for dessert! That sounds pretty darn good!

What about you guys? What's on the menu for today?

Speaking of healthy foods! Erse has started a Healthy Eating Challenge: Rd 2! So if you'd like to join in on that, make sure to head over to her post and check-in with her! Here's the link to her post:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/10832/healthy-eating-challenge-round-2-day-2

Well Blenders, I think I've rambled on quite enough today!

I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thanks so much for checking in with me! Take care, have fun, and stay safe today!

Happy Valentine's Day, Blenders!