C
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

First program and PFT complete!

Hey, FB family!

Just like the title says, I wanted to share with y’all that I completed my first ever FB program and PFT!😃🙌🏻

I finished Reach this past weekend, and then on Monday my sister and I did the PFT for Low Impact.

First, I thought I’d share a few thoughts on Reach. I really enjoyed it! I think it’s a great program for beginners, but also for intermediate to advanced exercisers. Through Reach, I continued to realize how it really is up to you to make a workout difficult. I worked on engaging my core more, contracting my muscles during “easy” exercises; and I was actually sore on some days. I feel like I’m more aware of my core during workouts, and just everyday life. My posture seems better, my flexibility better; etc. Don’t underestimate Pilates, yoga, and flexibility routines! It can be really humbling, like Kelli sometimes mentions.😄 You can gain muscle tone and even strength through Reach! Maybe not significant muscle gains/strength like you would from strength training, but a different kind of functional strength. A foundational strength, if that makes sense. I have to admit, if it’s not your favorite type of training it can get a little bit boring doing Reach on it’s own. I kinda started craving my strength training; but like the program says, it can be added to other programs, and I also doubled up the last ten days to make it a little harder.

Overall, I think it’s a well made program for different goals and situations; and good for practicing mind-muscle connection. It felt really good getting to complete my first program and getting to check off that workout complete in the program guide! Thanks, Daniel and Kelli!

Then secondly, I’ve wanted to try the PFT for awhile now and have been curious as to what my results would be. My mom didn’t care to do it right now, so my sister and I went to a track to do it. I’ve never done one before, so I’m not sure what good numbers or results are supposed to be; but I assumed that doing my best would be good enough for me!

Mile run: 7:47

Push-ups: 18 (half)

Squats: 120 (bodyweight)

Sit and reach: 0”

Plank: 1:45

My mom ran track in high school, and she said that was a really good mile time for someone who doesn’t run.🤷🏼‍♀️ (I mean, I run for sports and such, but not just running for running... if that makes sense. Haha!) Anyway, I really didn’t know what a good time was, but I knew my endurance had improved since a few years ago I had to stop and walk during each lap, but this time I was able to run the whole time! ...And after that and all those squats I’ve had DOMS in my quads for the past 3 days!😂 It’s just today that my legs felt better, and I could do the lower body workout scheduled - haha! I thought it was funny that my tape was right on top of the tape on the ground for the sit and reach, but I used to struggle just reaching my calves; so I know there’s improvement there, too. I’m not very strong in my upper body, so I was proud of what I could do for push-ups; but I hope to improve and be able to do them from my toes someday. I thought my plank was alright. I was shaking pretty bad, so maybe I was just tired after everything else; but I hope to improve in that as well. I haven’t really lifted any weights or done hiit since mid December, so look forward to getting back to it, getting stronger again, and seeing improvements in my next PFT!

Either way, we had a lot of fun doing it and after telling my mom how it went she was like, “After you telling me about it, I think I can do that. I think I’ll try to do it with y’all next time.” 😁

Soooo! I guess I wanted to tell y’all, that I’m happy to say I can finally join my fellow blenders in saying... #programcomplete! (...and first PFT complete - haha!)

Good job, and good luck to you all on your challenges, workouts, healthy meals, goals, accomplishments, etc!

Way to go, and keep it up FB fam!👏🏻💙

Edit: Oh my goodness, guys! I just realized that yesterday marked one year since I became a FB member, or at least my first FB workout on the calendar!😱 (Time flies, doesn’t it?) I had already know about FB from YouTube, but right around this time a year ago I made an account. This is my first workout I added to my calendar. February 7, 2018. https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/upper-body-workout-cardio-kickboxing-strength-and-cardio-workout

I still remeber doing this routine and not liking it very well, because I wasn't very coordinated - haha! I like it now! Lots of memorable and notable achievements for me today!

Edited