This why it's so important to do upper body work. You just never know when you'll need to escape from a Balrog. So it's better to be prepared.
And that's exactly what we're doin with our Kettlebell Challenge today!
Hello Blenders, and Happy Friday-Eve (as Raven always says! haha)!
How are you all doing today?
It's still busy here, and now we've got more terrible weather on the way! Yay.
(So not "Yay.")
I'm just hoping we don't lose power. So if you don't hear from me for tomorrow, just know that it's probably storm related power outages, and I'll be with you as soon as possible! And if you're following along with the Kettlebell Challenge, you can find the rest of the week's workouts in the link towards the end of this post.
Ok, so how about you Blenders? How are you doing so far this week?
Has it been a tough one for you?
I'm sorry if it has been. Just know that your FB Family is here if you need to talk about it! And here's a virtual hug for you--just in case! 🤗
Alright! Let's talk about some workouts today!
Are you working out today, or are you resting?
I'm getting my #WorkoutCompleteForK&D with Day 4 of our Kettlebell Challenge! It's a nice bodyweight upper body workout, which will be perfect for today!
And what about some good food?
I honestly have no idea what I'm gonna make today! It's one of those, I'll get home and see what's in the fridge kind of days! haha
What about you guys? What's on the menu for today?
Alright guys, below here, I'm creating the check-in for our Kettlebell Challenge! So keep reading if you'd like to, or feel free to scroll past it!
KETTLEBELL CHALLENGE DAY 4
Welcome to Day 4!
Can you believe we're already at Day 4 of our Challenge? This week is flying by!
Nevertheless, I hope you're ready for today's workout! We've got some bodyweight upper body work to do! It'll be nice to give our legs a break, because tomorrow's workout is a 5/5 HIIT and kettlebell workout. I hope you're already mentally preparing for that one too! haha
Ok, so here's our strength building, upper body toning, Balrog-evasion-preparation workout!
(Here's the link to today's video:)
I hope you enjoy it!
Ok, so, I'm gonna re-post these reminders all throughout the week-- so feel free to re-read them if you'd like, or scroll past to the end. But I think it helps those who are new and wonderin what's going on here in the FB Community!
(If you're wondering what this is about, it's a 5 Day Community Challenge with a focus on Kettlebell Workouts. This is something fun we all do together to stay motivated, and have a sort of online-worldwide group workout! It's totally fun, so feel free to join in if you'd like!)
There's a few things I'd like to remind of during this challenge, just to be safe:
1. You do not need kettlebells to participate! Dumbbells, other weighted objects, or just bodyweight are fine!
2. These workouts are often a level 4-5, and total body focused. So they are 3 alternating days of kettlebell workouts interspersed with some lower intensity workouts. 5 days straight of kettlebells would be too much. So remember, these are intense workouts. If you are ever feeling overwhelmed, please feel free to sub in a workout that will work better for you. This Challenge is very free-flowing, and nothing is written in stone.
3. Prepare to be sore. If you are not used to kettlebell workouts, you will probably experience new muscle soreness that you're not used to. That's ok. HOWEVER, if you are too sore for the next day's workout, please don't push through it! Take an extra rest day, do some stretching, and jump back in whenever you're ready to. This Challenge can easily last more than 5 days, and it still totally counts!
4. Kettlebell movements are dynamic, so when in doubt, go lighter with your weights--or even just use bodyweight. Since they are different motions, please be careful! Make sure you are using proper form at all times, and do not do a move if you are not comfortable with it. While it's important to challenge yourself, it's more important that you workout safely.
5. Have fun with this! Remember, you can join in however, and whenever you'd like to! If this week doesn't work for you, but you still wanna join in, then please do it whenever you'd like! The more the merrier, so do whatever works for you! This also includes swapping out workouts if you want, or taking extra rest days. This is meant to be a fun way to workout together and stay motivated!
6. When it's all said and done, I think it'd be cool to celebrate here in the FB Community with your posts of #KettlebellChallengeComplete! Feel free to submit a photo if you'd like (could be of an arm flex, a sweaty shirt, a thumbs up, your Workout Complete screen, or whatever), or just a text post describing your accomplishments! It's just a fun way to celebrate together!
And if you have any questions, or need some advice, or just wanna talk, please speak up! We're here to help each other out!
Ok, now I hope you're all ready for today's workout!
(And if you'd like to see the full week's worth of workouts, here's the link to my original post in the creation of this challenge. The winning option that we're doing is Option #2. So all you gotta do is scroll down into the comments section below the post, and you'll see the list of workouts there!
Hopefully that clears a few things up for you!
Ok Blenders, that's enough from me today!
I hope you all have a great day, and thanks so much for checking in with me! And hang in there, we are almost to the weekend! (YAAAYY)
Take care guys!